Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Mash up

- Terri and I took her grandson Jeff to the Rec center yesterday to shoot some hoops. It was great being more physical and had to remember not to run on my ankle or do more one on one with Jeff


- Mom's dog Maynard has cancer and it is not good. It is on his hind leg into his abdomen area. They have made the decision to put him down. He is suffering and the surgery would involve amputation and then they can't guarantee that they would get all the cancer. He is my buddy, Maynard G. Grebbs. He should have been named spitfire since he was a handful as a puppy.

-Christmas is 2 weeks away and trying not to stress about what all needs done. Shopping, baking, wrapping and planning.
It will all get done and be fine. Breathe..breathe


-Things I have learned with my ankle injury:
I love running. The time while not running and recovering has shown me that it is just not about exercise or the calories burned. There is joy there and peace. It is my meditation time.
I need to focus on other things as well. I started more into my art of Zentangle. I want to keep a balance of these.
My whining about not being able to run did not get too bad....right Terri? Hello, hello?
I am stronger than I give myself credit for. I have strength and internal will that can get me through a lot.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your mom's dog:( That's so hard. I went through the same thing last year almost exactly at this time with my cat of 16 years. Hope your ankle is 100% soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's hard when pets become part of the family.

    ReplyDelete