Friday, June 29, 2012

Five for Friday!

1. Getting ready to head out for camping this weekend into next week for about 5 days. We have the campsite on the lake which hopefully will give us a breeze and a break from the 90 degree weather we are expecting. Kayaking, swimming, reading and relaxing is on the agenda, Just downloaded Fifty shades of gray to the Kindle to read. I am anxious to see what all the hoopla is about.

2. I took a break from running on Tues. I realized with the help of my wellness coach and Terri that I was fatigued from not getting enough calories. I ran on Wed only to get some IT band pain on the right knee. I am taking today off from running and hope that by Sat or Sun I can get a run on. Motrin and ice are my friends right now.

3. I was notified by the Be the Match -Marrow Registry that I am a potential match for someone needing bone marrow. It is in the early stages but should know if it is a go or not in the next 2 months. I am honored to potentially donate for someone in need.

4. Our insurance at work is changing and we are losing out Wellness plan which includes my coach who is a runner and has been my coach for the last year. I wanted to cry. I now have to pull on big girl panties and be my own coach and muddle through on my own. Kinda scared even more so with my first Half Marathon coming in Sept.

5. We had our cruise talk last Sunday. 4 of us are going on a cruise in Oct to the Caribbean . We are excited!!


PS -CG found a comfy bed in a empty basket we were going to get rid of. How cute. He hides there a lot now.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! It's difficult to live vicariously through others when they don't post lol.
    Have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are losing your coach. That's great that you could be a potential match for someone. Have fun camping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete