Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm back!

I was able to run some intervals yesterday at the gym for a total of 3 miles and it felt good.
I woke this morning with my knee feeling good still a went for a 6.8 mile trail run. It felt soooo freaking awesome. The were not a lot of people on the trail and wildlife was spectacular. The colors on the blue jays and cardinals were so vibrant. I ran along the Cuyahoga River for a short bit. It was flowing fast today.


I decided to give the Gel Bot hydration bottle a try. I won it in a give away from Running Diva Mom(thank you) . The first try with gel to begin with was not good. I tried a new flavor this time Blueberry Pomegranate and I liked it much better. The Gel bot worked ok but I think with the cold temps 29-30 degrees the gel was hard to get out of the bottle. I  will be trying again in warmer temps.


Picked up some bagels at Panera bread for breakfast..yum!

Kicked back and relaxed for the day. Decided to make soups. Terri made Zuppa Toscana and I made vegetable barley soup.



4 comments:

  1. Great job on both your runs this weekend! Both of those soups look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. They were tasty. Enough for leftovers and freezing some too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a great run! Love it when that happens. Soup looks yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hiker Mom, I do love long runs on the trail.

      Delete