Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bits and pieces

Wow, it has been a busy yet very rewarding Christmas season so far. If today was December 26th, I would say I had a great Christmas.
Last weekend was the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad train ride. Terri got us tickets as a Christmas gift. The views from the train were spectacular and the festive mood in the air was great. We exited the train in Peninsula and walked around to art shops and quaint little gift shops. We saw a glass-blowing class in action which was so cool. We are considering taking the classes ourselves.
Back on the train, Santa came to visit ---excites my inner child! We even started the train car into several Christmas carols. Memories made for us and others....feels very good!

We baked some cookies this past weekend as well. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I have not baked Christmas cookies since I was a kid. We did cut outs(ended up with flour on our faces) snowballs, thumbprints and even chocolate chip with walnut. We might try our hand at spritz cookies as well. Lots of fun baking while singing and dancing to Christmas carols on radio.

I am hoping to keep weight gain to a minimum this holiday. I don't want to restrict myself to much but I do want to be mindful of portions and how often I eat. It will be interesting trying to fit in running/working out next week as well. I may not get all the runs in I want but will get right back at it after the holidays.

My knee is doing well with no flare ups or swelling(knock on wood). I am keeping my runs to 3-4 miles at a time and will increase slowly. I have cancelled out the idea of doing the Canton Marathon in June. After discussing with my wellness coach at work, it would not be a good first Half Marathon . My sisters wedding is the day before the marathon. Might set my sights on running the Cleveland Half. Still sitting with it .


I am having trouble with blog on uploading pics, will try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment