Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Holy Moly

It is September 10th and it is 96 degrees outside. I was in the office early today for meetings on the Wellness program and out later than usual. I was hoping to get a run in today but it is humid, so I will go first thing in the morning with lower temps. It is supposed to be another hot one Wednesday and then back down to normal temperature the rest of the week into the 60's.




Terri and I started the Fall Hiking Spree in our area this past weekend. We have one hike down and we are hoping to get in a few more this weekend with lower temps. Terri is looking forward to getting her first hiking staff and I am anxious to get a new staff shield.



Signed up yesterday for a 5K on Sunday. I missed running it last year as we were on a cruise! The year before in 2011, I placed 1st in Athena division and also 3rd in my age group. I am excited to run it this year knowing that my speed has improved even more so and I am a more knowledgeable runner.


Work is picking up and I am researching on getting my certification in Personal Training and also Nutritional education. Those combined with my nursing degree and also Holistic Health Advisory Certification I will be set with the Health and Wellness Advisor position that I am doing right now.


I recently agreed to give a new Running GPS site a try, Strava Running. If any of you are on there, friend me at Jen Ressler or leave me your sign on to friend you.
More to come on my opinions on Strava after I give it a nice try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment