So I haven't blogged for a bit about what is going on with me ....why I am having a pity party.
After my Half Marathon in April I knew my Achilles tendon was sore. I gave it a rest while I traveled to Georgia with my sister. I started running again but it just didn't feel 100%. I knew around Memorial Day weekend that I had something going on. I did a 6+ mile run on 5/26 . The next run on 5/28 I stopped soon into my run because my gait was off and I hurt. I placed myself on running hiatus to rest.
Speed ahead, I saw Sports Medicine 6/12/2013 and I have Achilles tendinitis. I started working with Physical therapy 6/18/13 and I am wearing a night splint. I am being diligent with exercises on my own. On 6/21 Physical therapy stated the tendinitis is not as bad and I am feeling no pain or tightness, even with running drills. I was given the ok to run 1-1.5 miles that weekend and a couple times in the week and see them back on 6/28.
This weekend we worked on home repairs- Saturday we painted the garage and garage door- lots of climbing the ladder time. Sunday I ran 1.5 miles and it felt good. Home for more work and painting-front and side doors with more ladder time. I was sore by the end of the evening but not bad. Monday my tendon was stiff but not sore. Tuesday I woke up feeling good and went for 1 miles run....then it started to hurt. Grrr. Walked back to car. All day Tuesday it hurt and was stiff. Did my exercises, iced after my run.
I am feeling very frustrated and discouraged.
Today it is better just slightly stiff. More exercises. Still discouraged and just want to run again. Run long and hard, even in the heat and humidity...I wouldn't even complain. I see races I want to run but can't commit because I don't know when I will be running again.
I want to cry because I cannot run right now. Big sigh.
Just plain old having a pity party today.
Friday, June 21, 2013
A. Attached or Single? Attached
B. Best Friend? My best friend Jessica from high school. But I also would say my partner Terri, and my friend Lori.
C. Cake or pie? Hoho cake and banana cream pie
D. Day of choice? Sunday...it is usually a long run day and then relaxing
E. Essential Item? Coffee! Oh and my toothbrush
F. Favorite color? Depends on my mood- either earthy browns,greens and oranges or neon 80's colors.
G. Gummy bears or worms? Gummy bears.
H. Home town? Magnolia Ohio
I. Favorite Indulgence? Frozen Yogurt shops
J. January or July? I would have to say July, January in Ohio can be bitter cold.
K. Kids? Do fur kids count? My cats are my kids
L. Life isn’t complete without? Friends
M. Marriage date? Not married
N. Number of brothers/sisters? 2 brothers, 1 step brother, 1 sister and 1 stepsister.
O. Oranges or Apples? Apples are my go to fruit
P. Phobias? Heights, -mostly on a ladder . Snake....I can't stand them
Q. Quotes? My favorite is
R. Reasons to smile? Terri, friends, family, life
S. Season of choice? Fall- I love the colors, the smells and the fact that life is shedding its skin and rebirthing in the spring
T. Tag 5 People. Anyone who would like to, please feel free to keep the survey going!
U. Unknown fact about me? I have a great Horror movie scream, not many hear it as people would call the police thinking something is wrong.
V. Vegetable? I love vegetables...all of them
W. Worst habit? I have a tendency to stay things like 3 times when trying to get someones attention...like " Wait wait wait"
X. Xray or Ultrasound? Neither :/
Y. Your favorite food? Avocados, new kick is overnight oats in a jar
Z. Zodiac sign? Scorpio.
Friday, June 7, 2013
1. On average how many races do you run a year? Probably 5-6 a year
2. Head accessories, things you have to run with: a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band? Usually a hat or visor or headband, I wear a small belt for my cellphone and fuel if a longer run.
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day? Whatever I feel like doing . Long runs usually on Sat or Sunday with my running partner Michael.
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes? 300-400. I usually feel when they need changed out.
5. Cell phone= do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home? Always with me.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner? In October I broke my ankle while running. Right now nursing some Achilles tendinitis.
7. Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!? Getting faster. Sometimes it is both. I would love to push beyond the 13 miles.
8. Speedwork—-> at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it? On the roads
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching? I try to stretch after a run but a lot of times I just keep moving on things and forget to stretch.
10. What was your reason(S) for starting to run? To lose weight and to see if I could run because I thought that I couldn't.