Sunday, February 3, 2013

Is it February already?

I am not sure where the week went but it is the end of the weekend already.

My new running buddy-Michael  and I did a very snowy and hard run on a snowy trail last Sunday for 7.3 miles. The trail was packed with snow and made traction very hard. I came off the trail with sore muscles and feeling like I had saddle butt from riding a horse too long...lol.

I want to share my special hat hair after running picture with you


Monday Terri had laproscopic gallbladder surgery. Having never had surgery before she did great. Minimal pain . She had a HUGE gallstone and the doctor said that she should start to feel better. She has done great with her recovery and I am very proud of her.

I ran my first 5k race yesterday. It was the Frostbite Prediction race in Munroe falls and boy was it a frost bite one. The starting temps were around 12 and it was snowy all day.The race was put on by the Summit Athletic Running Club. It was a fun race and very small venue. I think 225 registered and because of the weather only 175 ran. The race was set up nice and the swag was a great jacket. The cons to the race were that after the race was in an open pavilion and no heat or fire. We had to wait for the rest of the runners before the awards. Let's just say it got really cold after running and sweating and cooling back off. They did had a nice snack bag of hot chocolate and banana,muffin,cheese crackers and nuts. I was so cold I only drank my coco and ate the banana. The awards were kind of cheesy and the there was a door prize table that had left over tshirts and items for years past.
I predicted that I would finish at 31:20 not knowing how my ankle would be when I first registered. I finished at 30:28- 52 seconds off my prediction. It put me in 48th place. Not to shabby.Overall I enjoyed the race and would do it again.


On Friday my brothers Bob, Bryan and I entered the NEO Roller Derby Chili cook-off. We had a table of family competition. My brother Bryan won for People's choice. He is on the left in the picture.

Terri came with me to cheer me on, she is a great cheerleader! I love her !


This morning I went out for a nice 6.3 mile run. Not sure if I did not stretch enough or the cold, my hamstring cramped in my left leg and I had to slow down and actually stop to stretch. That was a first.

Hope everyone has a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment