Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Anniversary

Wow...this week would be about 1 year of running for me.
Today my short runs are about 4 miles and my long runs about 8miles.

Here is a spinet from a blog post one year ago


I have had the feeling in me for awhile that I want to run.I held myself back. Out of fear and some vanity. Now being a bigger girl,I was afraid of what I would look like running. I was a fast runner in grade school but not in middle or high school. In grade school , but then the weight creeped on. In high school during a track meet where we were so far ahead in the points, the coach put us shot putters in the relay race as a joke and we won. Ok I got off track here.

I am done holding myself back. I need to get fit and I need to run. I may not be able to run long distances or for long durations but I can do something. So I started the couch to 5k...thank you Lori for the recommendation. I am into my 2nd week of it, well actually third on the podcast since I messed up and skipped week 2. I am doing a running and walking combo for 30 minutes and up to several 3 minute runs at a time.

I am enjoying it so far. I love the meditative place I go when running. I love the adrenaline rush and hearing my own heart beat fast.

I can see how some get addicted to this.

Oh and I don't look like a total boob out there running either. Gotta remember keep my head high!



So today I celebrate. Celebrate running, being fit and healthier and becoming me.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being healthy and believing in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your running anniversary!

    ReplyDelete