Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot Dog!

It turned out to be  a beautiful day yesterday for my 1st Annual Anniversary run with the Jim Klett 5K.
Terri, her daughter and grandson and a good friend Moni came out to support me for the race. I was nervous- just the usual pre race nervous, nothing big. It also looked like it was going to be a hot one. Into the 80's by race time. I am still not acclimated to the warmer weather and I usually run around 6am when it is much cooler.


I felt like I got punk'ed coming out of the porta potty! Thanks Terri~



Lots of people running this year. I had no expectations of how I would do. I had my 3 goals. 1st one is to always finish. 2nd one was to be sub 29 and the 3rd was sub 28.


I might have started off a little to fast for me but I got in a groove and kept with it. I had a woman in front of me that I kept pace with and stayed right behind her the entire race.



I finished strong with a unofficial time of 28:58...hot dog that was good. I would have liked it to be less than that, but I am proud of myself. Given the heat. I actually had to do a walk period during the race due to heat.  I like to think that it helped me finish strong.
We stuck around for the awards. I had no expectations, not sure where I placed.
Who would have know that I got 1st place in my age group!!!!! Woot!!!!
I got my first award!!!! We so were not expecting it or Terri would have gotten my picture.


I feel so proud of myself today. Today I celebrate me being a runner. I would have never thought that over a year ago I would ever call myself a runner.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Wonderful! And thank you for more pictures for my screen saver. I so wish I could have been there. You did so well! I'm proud of you! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats! 1st place, Awesome!! From the bathroom pic it looks like they at least had some hand sanitizer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great race! Congrats on winning your age group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st age group is FREAKISHLY AMAZING! :) Great job, Jen. LOVE THE SHIRT!

    ReplyDelete